|The view from our window|
1. I know full well that today is Wednesday, but after the blissful week-long weekend with friends, today feels like a Monday. We're back to the quiet routine of our days, and missing late-night laughter and watching our children play pirate games together.
2. Thank you to the friends and family who have sent emails to check in with us after all of the hubbub. We're fine, glory be to God. Our neighborhood is far enough from the center that we have to watch the news to find out what's happening in the rest of the city. Our guests, who were living in Tunisia last year during the revolution, joked that civil unrest follows them wherever they go.
3. I loved seeing this childhood friend as a mom--she's a fabulous one, raising her children in a foreign country to be faithful and happy. I love that our parents have known each other since high school (and are still friends), we have known each other since we were seven, and now our kids know each other. Amazing.
4. B had an event last night that kept him out late. In the ten years we've been together we've celebrated a total of three Valentine's Days. But then, with us, every day is a Valentine's Day.
5. Lent is around the corner. I loved reading this. It's the best explanation of fasting for children that I've yet found.
6. Also meditating on this. Boy, do I have a lot of room for improvement.