Book Poor

For weeks now I've been preparing our homeschool curriculum for fourth grade history.  American History, no less!  Our current history program folds American History into a broader history, but I knew that we needed to focus entirely on the events in American History so that we'd actually learn it.  I liked the literature for the Sonlight Core D, so I thought I would use the Sonlight book list as a backbone for my course. Most of the books can be found at our library; I've substituted other books that seem to be good replacements; and I've purchased the one or two that seemed to be essential.

I have been reading and reading, trying to get ahead on all of the literature.  I'm excited to be assigning many of these books to Z for school reading net year--the picture shows just the tip of the iceberg, as it were.  I had never read most of the books, and have read more Newbery award winners in the past two months than I had in the previous thirty-odd years of my life.

Hopefully she'll like them as much as I have.

Comments

Popular Posts