About me

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Book Poor

For weeks now I've been preparing our homeschool curriculum for fourth grade history.  American History, no less!  Our current history program folds American History into a broader history, but I knew that we needed to focus entirely on the events in American History so that we'd actually learn it.  I liked the literature for the Sonlight Core D, so I thought I would use the Sonlight book list as a backbone for my course. Most of the books can be found at our library; I've substituted other books that seem to be good replacements; and I've purchased the one or two that seemed to be essential.

I have been reading and reading, trying to get ahead on all of the literature.  I'm excited to be assigning many of these books to Z for school reading net year--the picture shows just the tip of the iceberg, as it were.  I had never read most of the books, and have read more Newbery award winners in the past two months than I had in the previous thirty-odd years of my life.

Hopefully she'll like them as much as I have.

No comments: