Month 7: Catch Me if You Can


This month, although as filled with tasks as ever, passed surprisingly slowly.  No complaints here.   The most exciting event was welcoming good friends back into our area, and making up for four years of lost playtime.  God has some great timing--had B gotten a job we would not have the overlap with our friends.  What a blessing in disguise!

I...am planning and doing.  Maybe a list would help me keep track of things?

B...plugging away at the dissertation an planning the course he'll be teaching in the fall.

Z...'s focus for swimming is social, not sporty.  My shy daughter seems to hover on the edge of the group, which is occasionally painful for me to watch.  Every mother wants her child to find a place in the crowd, not to feel ostracized.  I understand her hesitation; I'm the same way. Swimming's too loud and chaotic to have a meaningful conversation, and how can one make a friend without that?  

M...keeps dropping time at his races.  He's not the leader of the pack, which makes me all the more proud of his competition with himself.  M has no trouble making friends, or at least putting himself out there.  Is he related in any way to his sister?

T...continues to amuse and delight us with his T-isms.  He must have heard me say, "I'm feeding G" one too many times, because "feedings" is his term for bosom.  "Mom, get out your feedings for G!" he shouts, when G begins to fuss.

G...This boy.  He's in such a rush to keep up with the big kids he's forgotten that I'd like to keep him a baby.  Halfway through the month he began to crawl(!) and pull up(!) onto anything and everything he could.  His army scoot is a little faster still, so we're seeing quite a mix of ways to get around.  G's typically undaunted by a fall, unless he's helped by his siblings.    

I marvel, as I look at them, how each of these four children of ours is so unique.  Same mom, same dad, same family, but so very, very different.  How will they grow and relate to each other? What will the next few years bring?

Comments

Popular Posts