Yarn Along


Joining Ginny




This morning the sun never really rose; the clouds just turned a lighter shade of gray during daylight hours.  It's days like this that make me wish I could stay lost in my book until bedtime, like the Saturdays of my childhood.  I suppose the fact that I can't makes the time I spend reading all the sweeter?

I am really liking this book--the words of the note at the beginning caught my attention immediately.  Books written these days portray most relationships as broken and hopeless, and problems in the relationship solved by giving up rather than striving to make them right.  It's so depressing!  I find Elizabeth Goudge's premise so very heartening.

I'm also about halfway through this book, which is starting to feel repetitive.  I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to the end.

Uncle Wiggily, despite an unenthusiastic reception from my children, has really grown on them.  My boys had the same reception for the Milly-Molly-Mandy books, and then begged me to start them over again when we finished.  I know when to persist, I suppose.  I snagged our copy of the gentleman rabbit's tales at a used bookstore this summer, on a whim.

I just finished a pair of socks for my mother, and I really loved the pattern, the yarn, everything!  They wound up being a little bigger than I thought (superwash yarn always grows on me when I block it--even when I swatch!), so I put them through the washer and dryer to shrink up a little.  They did, and they came through the wash beautifully, too.

The blue bit of knitting with Uncle Wiggily is the body of a baby sweater for a friend's little boy, expected on April Fool's Day.  It is such a quick knit!  Since I took that picture yesterday, I have already divided for the sleeves.  

Comments

  1. OH MY GOODNESS, the sox!
    I've knitted sox, but nothing like these, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Socks are a fun way to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely socks! I love the texture. The children's book looks so cute and fun for them to read. Hope you enjoy reading and knitting this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks are beautiful! I always throw my superwash knits in the dryer for a few minutes to fluff them up after they air dry - it makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts