when in doubt, order yarn

I really have no business ordering more yarn or starting new projects, and yet, at the end of last week, in a moment of complete weakness, I did both.

I fell in love with the quirky and whimsical label of Retrosaria’s Mondim Sock, and so I ordered a skein.  It arrived yesterday, along with a pair of embroidery scissors.  I think I have finally found my go-to, workhorse sock yarn. I love that it’s not superwash, and it feels like it will wear well.  I can’t wait to see how it knits up, although at the rate I am knitting I may have years before I do.  (And the Tolt packaging!  Squeal! Sheep washi tape of adorableness! )

In a perfect storm of guilt at not having anything new for my littlest one in a while, annoyance at my large (by my standards) stash of unused yarn, and the realization that I had enough of her most often grabbed skein of yarn to knit her a Paulette, I cast on for size 4.  It’s sport weight, which is a little thicker than the pattern calls for.  Still, it seems to be working well, and I have gauge.  She keeps asking when her tunic will be done.  Because the word "tunic" is one she remembers, despite her tender years.


(My uncle knows my boys collect stamps, and a package containing all of his vintage stamps and albums arrived yesterday, too.  My boys kindly shared a few with me!)

Comments

  1. so want to get my hands on some mondim! happy knitting with it! it looks so lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was worth the impulse buy, something I don’t say too often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts