yarn along: september 2018


Indian summer, pshaw!  That’s not until October.  Here it’s full-on summer with 90+ degree days, and there’s no end in sight.  The schools have been closed in our township because of excessive heat.  My husband has mowed the yard twice in the last week. It’s as though summer decided to give one last crazy effort to grow all the things and cook all the people.  Ugh.

It’s too hot to knit with a blanket in my lap, but I’ve still made a little progress. I try to sit in our one air-conditioned room and knit for an hour each evening while catching up on the BBC’s Victoria.  I am really enjoying it, despite some historical liberties.  It’s so rare to see dramas about faithful and virtuous couples!  While supervising schoolwork, I reach for my sweater, which has lots of stockinette.  Knitting while reading aloud has added an inch or so to the bottom in the last week.  I started with 3 skeins of Malabrigo sock, and I’m skeptical I can get the rest of the body and two full-length sleeves out of the remaining yarn.  It’ll be a nail biter, for sure.

I have blown through this book.  It’s an easy read, but such inspiring stories.  I’ve really enjoyed it.  I’ve still got Little Dorrit on my shelf, slowly chipping away at it, and hoping that when all of the kids’ activities are going full-swing I’ll have a chance to read for pleasure a bit more.

joining Ginny...


Comments

  1. YESSSS on Victoria. I have been watching it the past week or so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Victoria recommendation. I’ll definitely be following up on that. I live in SW Ontario and they should have closed the schools for heat. Of course today it’s cool enough to wear a jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts