finding joy

 








I wrote the title of this post after a particularly exhausting day, one that had me questioning whether homeschooling is serving my children anymore.  On really hard days, it's a challenge to find the good, but I was determined to that evening.  In a dark bedroom, waiting as my two youngest fell asleep, I swiped through my photo album in search of something that could remind me of joy.  I found an abundance of reminders--handmade quilts, a new star ornament, drying hand-knit socks, a successful first attempt at a lined button band, the joy of a newly minted seven-year-old, memories from a quick visit to family. 

And I prayed. I prayed for the patience to see joy in frustrating moments, which God gave in heaps.

May your season be filled with peace, and the patience to see the good during challenges!

Comments

Popular Posts