On Moving




The big kids have been visiting Nana and Papa all week so that B and I could prepare our house for tenants. We still have a couple of months until our move, but re-caulking the bathroom and painting can be accomplished much more easily sans children. T has helped us a bit by taking a few naps, but the major stumbling block has been our inability to think straight. And our indecisiveness.

Here's a sample of our typical interaction from this week:

I: "What are we going to do with (fill-in-the-blank toy, appliance, craft supply)? (Fill-in-the-blank child) uses it on a regular basis."

B: "I don't know. What do you think we should do?"

I: "Well if we keep it, where should we store it?"

B: "I don't know. What do you think?"

I: "I don't know."

Thankfully we have taken pictures of some of the rooms in our house to post with the ad we're running. We've been shuffling junk from one room to another, snapping a picture of the clean room, and re-junkifying it. Works for us.

We're not going to win any awards for our style or decor; we know that this is a temporary dwelling and haven't put much effort into making it beautiful. We also have two rather destructive children, which explains the cheap plastic chairs.



Comments

  1. I am so excited for your upcoming travel adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for your upcoming family adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looking good! :) I hope you find a renter soon, the place looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts