yarn along: april 2019: all scrimbulled




One of my littler kids, when he was extra little, would talk about things that didn't go his way as being "all scrimbulled."  It was his way of generalizing how he felt about scribbled-on paper to all the bumps of his young life.

My knitting right now is feeling a little scrimbulled.  I have a couple of projects that I am working on, and they sit, in a tangly mess, on the table where we do our lessons.  The socks, a reward to myself for surviving the busy season of our second term, are nearing completion.  I'm really excited to have another pair of cozy socks to add to my sock drawer.  So excited, in fact, that I won't dwell on the wretched pooling of the yarn.  Pooling is my greatest knitting pet peeve.  The shawl is one that I've been impatient to begin; I bought the yarn at the beginning of 2018, hoping to finish it in time for the fall.  It was postponed and postponed again, all for excellent and exciting reasons [wedding shawl, wedding present, and baby clothes :) ]. But!  Every time I got dressed, I would sigh and say to myself, "That shawl will go so well with what I'm wearing."  I am almost finished with the first chart, so not too much longer to wait to wear it! (Except the weather seems to be getting warmer. HA.) . I have another shawl to cast on as soon as the current one is finished.  Isn't the yarn dreamy?

Reading-wise, I am all over the place.  I have a list drawn up of all the books I'd like to read and re-read this year, but I keep finding great books to read that aren't on it!  Three of the books pictured are for Lenten reading, two of those are for reading groups.  One book, for a presvytera reading group, is fantastic, something I wasn't expecting from the cover.  The stories and following questions for reflection have given me much to think about this Lent.  Family Life is a book that I read a while ago, and thought it was time to revisit it.  Laying Down the Rails for Yourself has also been an impetus for personal reflection and growth.  Continental Crimes is just for fun.

Looking at these blurry photos, I think it's time to get my eyes examined!  I am about to hit a milestone birthday, so it's probably time to start sporting spectacles.

joining Ginny...

Comments

Popular Posts