yarn along: may 2019









Christ is Risen!

I finished the Terra shawl I was working on last month, as well as the pair of socks in my post.  The weather has been delightfully chilly and unpredictable, so both have seen quite a bit of wear.  As soon as the Terra was blocking, I cast on for the Cowboys and Angels shawl.  The pattern is clearly written clearly--such a joy to knit up.  I've reached the garter section of the pattern, so I can do some reading while I work on it.  I started the first few Betsy-Tacy books in preparation for reading them to my boys next year. I love them so far, but I imagine my boys won't like them nearly as much as I do.  We're reading this for school, and we're all enjoying it.  Are there any Betsy-Tacy like books for boys?  I'll have to do some digging, and maybe invest in some better copies of The Great Brain. Ours are falling apart.

I've also started paging through According to SeasonI bought a copy of a wildflower guide by the same author, and have found immense pleasure in looking at both.  How to Know the Wildflowers features charming and accurate black and white drawings of the flowers that are more helpful than some of the color guides we own.

The socks are a gift for someone who loves bright colors and cozy feet.  I'm using the pattern as a rough guide, and just adding the texture to a sock pattern I already use and love.  New to me, though, is the magic loop method.  I'm a convert, I must say.  I just need to get a longer needle so I can go back to my beloved two-at-a-time construction!

And finally, those stitch markers!  I found the adorable little glass amanita muscaria (I had to look up the name!) beads at a Joann nearby and had such fun putting together the markers.  I prefer the twisted loop ones to the dangly jump ring ones, and wonder if these would be something people would like to purchase?



Comments

  1. I found you through Ginny's Yarn Along, and oh my! All the loveliness! The socks, and the stitch markers, and the shawls. I have the Broken Seed Stitch Socks saved in my favorites, and am eager to try them soon. But I need just the right yarn -- yours are looking fabulous, and the colors are perfect! The Cowboys and Angels shawl is a beautiful pattern, and I love the yarn you're using. I've never had much interest in knitting a shawl because I don't really wear them. But that pattern might change my mind...

    The stitch markers are darling! Really the sweetest I think I've seen.

    My daughter and I love Betsy-Tacy, too. They're such fun -- though my daughter did cut some of her hair shortly after, and I believe it was inspired by those mischief-prone girls!

    Cheers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely words, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is risen indeed!
    I am not familiar with Betsy-Tacy but wonder if your boys would like the Sugar Creek Gang books; mine did.

    The stitch markers are adorable. :) I, too, found you through Ginny's Yarn Along. Alas, I am currently in the middle of some home projects and have nothing on the needles! Happy stitching.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Karen! I will have to look into the Sugar Creek Gang books.

      Delete
  4. I really love that blue shawl. The markers are adorable. They remind me of the old Mario games. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Ravenna! I can definitely see the Mario-ness of the mushrooms. Maybe I like them so much because they remind me of my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts