Book Poor Revived

I love posting about books--hey, we own scads and read even more.  My intention is to make this a weekly thing, but we'll see.

Here's what the big kids have been reading lately.  I have been collecting this formerly-out-of-print series for the past few years.  Whenever I see a volume or two at an antique shop, I pick one or two to buy.  I read a few in elementary school, but I have mostly been a sucker for the covers.  Aren't they great?  Kitschy and colorful.

At any rate, this family of sleuths has provided no end of entertainment for my big kids.  I love that there's a pre-pubescent arch-nemesis (Joey Brill) whose worst crimes include knocking over and breaking plates, and "driving" the Hollisters' car.




I said formerly-out-of-print because up until two years ago they were. Thanks to Amazon's CreateSpace Independent publishing platform, the family of the author is reissuing all 33 of the Happy Hollisters books.



Comments

Popular Posts