Book Poor

I read A Wrinkle in Time for the first time when I was in fourth or fifth grade.  It was for a book report, and I don't think I really got it until I reread it freshman year of high school.  Yes, the plot was thrilling for my fourth grade self, but the words didn't really sink in.  I went on to read the rest of the books by Madeline L'Engle freshman year, and every year or so afterward.  I'm a fan, right?  (In fact, the copy I read in fourth grade is sitting on the shelf across the room as I write.)

So it will come as no surprise that when my mother sent this graphic version of the book to Z for Christmas, I had to take a peek before I wrapped it.


It really is fabulous, and makes the book more accessible to the younger crowd.  I still don't think that the overarching meaning really sunk in for Z, but I hope it planted a seed for the future.




Comments

Popular Posts