Yarn Along






Linking up with Ginny

::the blanket::

This is for my brother and sister-in-law, who are expecting their first baby sometime next month.  They live in California, hence this cotton.  It is so soft and squishy!  I'm tempted to make one for Little M in the shell color way, especially because it's such a quick knit. I knit almost the whole blanket while watching the first season of Occupied with my husband, and have one more evening of knitting before I bind off!  When I'm finished, I have a couple of little projects for Little M to work on before I begin two rather large Christmas gifts.  This is my favorite time of the year to be planning projects.

::the book::

Now that the school year has started, I can devote some time to reading for pleasure, rather than feverishly attempting to pre-read all of my children's assignments.  (Although I'm still doing that, too!) This book is a gem, paced like a slow waltz: when I pick it up, I join hands with the Four Seasons in Poussin's painting.  It's one I'll be savoring for a while.







Comments

Popular Posts