yarn along: august 2018


I finished up my sister’s veil, just in time for her original wedding date, and passed it on to her when we saw her at my mom and dad’s cottage last week.  Whew!  It was a monumental undertaking, and toward the end, I was spending a large chunk of my day knitting.  I’m a bit burned out: it was tiny yarn and an intricate pattern.  I’m so glad I did it!  It really deserves its own post, which I’m sure I’ll get to another time.

Now that her veil is done, I can devote myself to another giant project for her and her husband: a throw blanket for their wedding present.  It’s flying along!  It’s this pattern, using Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in Fossil and Artifact.  It was dyed right here in our city, so I’m telling myself it’s local yarn.

I’m still enjoying Little Dorrit, but I’m also reading Beginning to Pray, which has been the right book at the right time.  I find myself copying out large chunks of Metropolitan Anthony Bloom’s words into my commonplace book.  I highly recommend it!
Joining Ginny...

Comments

  1. I'm using this pattern for a baby blanket, and I'm so in love with it. It is such easy knitting with such a complex, elegant looking result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I cant wait to see the wedding veil! What a special project. And that blanket is looking beautiful too, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that blanket on my to knit list, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts