lazy laundress

I think that some people are daunted by the task of washing their hand-knit woolens, but it is so easy.  I have washed my wool socks the same, very simple way for years.  I shared it with someone recently, who had expressed a hesitation about washing socks by hand, and she was excited to try it.  This method might not be suitable for delicate shawls, but for socks, whether superwash or non-superwash, it’s perfect.  

As I wear my socks through the week, I toss the dirty ones into the same small washtub (I have been eyeing these for when the one I have breaks) that sits on top of my washer.  My other hand wash delicates go in here, too, but I wash them separately from my socks. When I get to my last clean pair of socks, I fill the tub with cool water and some no-rinse soap.  I like the way the different varieties of Eucalan smell, but any no-rinse laundry soap will work. After the socks have soaked overnight, I toss them into the washer on the spin cycle—no sopping socks squeezed between towels! They’re practically dry when I pull them out, and I hang them until they’re completely dry.  So easy!

Comments

  1. In the last place I lived they had a Greek Orthodox church that had a great festival every year. I loved the food and the dances. Looks like your children are getting lots of activities and that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Festivals are so fun to attend! And second to the actual dancing are the exquisite, often handmade, traditional costumes. My daughter’s this year has beautiful cross sitched details.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts