yarn along: baby things and a little st. nicholas surprise


Baby knitting continues at top speed here.  This just needs a right sleeve and a few other finishing touches, including a some bias tape to stabilize the button band.  I was too tired to pull out my swift and winder last night when I ran out of yarn and needed to wind the next skein of Peerie, so I worked on the pink bonnet instead.  My sister doesn’t know whether she’s having a boy or girl, so I am having fun making all different things, unisex and otherwise.  (My boys always looked great in pink!)  My project notes are in my previous post.
I am still working through Ngaio Marsh books, but my reading has been interrupted by two others.  I recently watched a new version of Howards End on Amazon Prime, and was absorbed by everything in it--the period, clothes, colors, landscape.   I enjoyed it all, except the end, which fell a little flat.  Anyway, I started reading the book immediately after and like it even more than the movie, so I hope that the book’s end has a little more flesh to it.  E. M. Forster wrote one of my favorite books from high school A Room With A View.  I think A Passage to India should be next on my list.  The other book I recently started is not in a genre I gravitate toward.  After finishing one chapter of Microbe Hunters for Z’s science reading, I couldn’t put it down!  It’s a page-turner, all about yeast and bacteria, and the scientists who discovered them.
The books in the last picture are old favorites of ours that will be left by St. Nicholas tomorrow morning.  We have had trouble finding them at libraries since our two moves, so it was time to add them to our seasonal library.

joining Ginny...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts