yarn along: february 2019




























Reading:

:: John Muir Wilderness Essays  It's gorgeous.

:: St Paisios of Mount Athos Spiritual Awakening  (I am fairly certain I didn't pay $50 for it!)

:: Commonplace Quarterly a new(!) publication rooted in the Charlotte Mason philosophy of education...I balked a little at the subscription price, but remembered a certain Orthodox journal that I regret missing out on, the back issues of which cannot be found for love or money.  So far, I am encouraged!

Knitting:

:: mittens for my oldest, who requested a new pair for Christmas in these colors (hohka and sake)
                   

:: socks for my youngest, in time for Valentine's Day
          I hope to finish these, another pair of socks, and some simple mittens for my three youngest to have on Feb. 14.  I'm not using a pattern: I cast on 48 stitches and followed the prompts of the yarn, working a German short row heel over 24 stitches. These are the most brainless socks I have ever made.


joining Ginny...




Comments

  1. Well, hello! I don't think I have come across your blog before! I thought I knew most of the Orthodox blogging woman! I have Elder Paisos' books but have not finished them yet; read parts; very good reading, such wisdom! You make lovely things! My knitting is more simple but I enjoy it! I am also slowly (since 2015) working on a bright patchwork quilt for my now 4 year old goddaughter! :) Hope to visit you again here! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of Charlotte Mason before (but not surprised, this is a little out of my zone.) Sounds like a good investment, though. Your red and white mittens are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Elizabeth, and thank you! Your words are encouraging. Your goddaughter will be so blessed to have something handmade by her godmother; the relationship between godparent and godchild is a special one. Saint Paisios was indeed full of wisdom. I am slowly working through all of his writings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Karen! They have been so fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts