yarn along: a little distracted




Have you been unable to focus lately, too?  

I cast on for a sweater yesterday, one that's been in my queue for a few years now.  After knitting the bottom edging and about an inch of the body, I didn't like the fabric or the size.  I'm starting over today, going up a sweater size and down a needle size. It's a free pattern, and I'm using Léttlopi that I got on sale at my favorite yarn shop, The Woolly Thistle, instead of the recommended Plötulopi.  I think the Léttlopi will wear better, especially at the elbows. Most of my projects lately have been fingering weight, so this is moving much more quickly.

T's co-op teacher had a baby last week, so I made Baby Abe a bonnet with some of the leftovers from my sweater.  It's so soft and squishy!

Since it's so hard to focus on much, Freddy has been a comforting read.  I continue to make progress in Joan of Arc and Pearl of Great Price, but in a very absent-minded way.  I'll probably need to re-read both at a later date.  And The Wreath on Audible accompanies me as I do chores; it's excellent.

Continue to be well, friends!

Comments

  1. Right there with ya on the focus stuff. My mind wanders constantly and I can't seem to settle to any one task. (Doesn't help that I'm involuntarily home schooling four kids and it just makes me feel scattered all the livelong day). Your makes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't imagine how it feels to be thrown into homeschooling. I've been doing it for a decade and still feel scattered most days. I noticed you all are close to us (we're in Drexel Hill). Let me know if you need anything!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for directing me to the free pattern!
    I would highly recommend any book by Kristin Lavransdatter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I am loving Kristin Lavransdatter, so I will have to check out the other books.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts