yarn along: july 2020



June was a prolific month both for reading and for little projects.  Of the books I finished, a few stand out as excellent, including Passing, which I couldn't put down.  Another,  Discrimination and Disparities, gave me so much to think about.  I've realized, too, that it's nigh on impossible to write out my thoughts about these books coherently, but I have had some good discussions with friends and family. 

Several of my knitting projects are off the needles, and I will post about those at some point.  I'm currently working on a pair of socks using this pattern, which I've long wanted to knit.  I tried long ago to find the stitch pattern in a toe up version, but nothing I found had the same look.  So, cuff down it is.  I'm planning to use the heel-flap/gusset heel that the pattern calls for.  It's been ages since I've knit socks this way!  Yarn is this (in the colorway peach perfect) and this (in the colorway librarian's dream).  I work on these when my husband and I are watching one of his German shows-- I can reliably knit and read subtitles with this pattern.

I really need my eyes for the crocheted granny squares, though!  The pattern is the Sunshine Day Afghan from Alicia Paulson.  Most of the yarn is from my DK/worsted leftovers, including all the extra Léttlopi I ordered from the Woolly Thistle.  Each square is better than the one before, and I've got a tidy little stack of them.  I'm hoping to have enough to make a throw, but I'll probably have to order more yarn.  That would be a tragedy ;)

joining Ginny...

Comments

  1. Love your granny squares. I really need to learn to crochet so I can make a blanket.
    I read both Passing and Quicksand last year. I found Passing more compelling. That husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This afghan was the reason I learned to crochet.

      I'll have to put Quicksand on my to-read list! Nella Larsen's writing was engrossing, and she writes during one of my favorite eras of literature.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts