yarn along: november 2020

 

There's still not much knitting happening around here, although the cross-stitch is flying.  Truth be told, I'm getting a little burned out and, after this kit, I will take a break.  I have some ornament kits, also from Alicia, and a quilt that need some work.  G has requested a handmade sweater for his birthday next month, and for that I did order some yarn. Does Peace Fleece wear well?  The last birthday sweater made for G was out at elbows and cuffs almost as soon as he put it on. (I thought there was a picture of it somewhere on the blog, but I knit it during the Black Hole that is the fall of 2017.) I'm undecided about the pattern to use.  There seem to be few for middle-sized boys.



Books, books, books.  Right now I am reading Wounded by Love and Land of the Firebird.  I wish all of the history and culture books I read could be so vivid!


Joining Ginny this month.

Comments

  1. Beautiful work. So sweet that your son asked for a handknit sweater for his birthday! I will look for Land of the Firebird. I'm reading Dragon's Wine + Angel's bread, which a friend just gave me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book looks very interesting! It's going on my "to-read" list. (My heart melted a little when he requested a sweater!)

      Delete
  2. I loved both of those books! Land of the Firebird is fascinating; if you like it, you would probably enjoy her ex-husband's work (Robert Massie). His Nicholas and Alexandra is excellent and has one of the best explanations of the origins of WW1 I've ever read.

    Love your stitching too! I've not done cross stitch for years, but I bought a kit from Avlea to support Krista West's business, so I suppose I'll be getting back into it as some point. I actually prefer embroidery to cross stitch, to be honest. But my mom is a big stitcher, so if I don't end up doing the kit, I'll pass it to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a gaping hole in my education where Russia is concerned. I will definitely be looking into Robert Massie's books. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

      I am hoping to patronize Avlea soon. The traditional motifs are so lovely. My husband has been looking askance at all of my kit purchases, so I need to finish some before I get any new ones.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts