yarn along: starting the year with bang

Rarely do I cast off something so early in a new year, but this project was a quick one.  I modeled the pattern on the Elska cap I made in November, sizing it down, both in stitch count and motif, for the littlest head in our house.  It was an effort to use up the purples and pinks that arrived in the Jamieson and Smith baker's dozen I bought last winter.  There's a lot left over, so matchy mittens may be in little M's future as well as this new cap.  The cap is entirely in Jamieson and Smith 2-ply, which is heavenly for fair isle patterning.  I'm on a colorwork kick these days, and have several more projects in the queue, along with some socks to replenish my sock drawer.

There are just a few sections to go in Wounded by Love, and then I can add it to my 2021 finished list.  It just keeps getting better--I copied large swathes of the section about rearing children into my commonplace book, to be read and re-read.  There are two mottoes (Pray, then speak. Let us learn to love, not seek to be loved.) that I'm inspired to turn into samplers, along the lines of Victorian perforated paper embroidery.  Someday.  As usual, January is chock full of inspiration, but short on time.

Blessed Feast to those who celebrate Theophany today! 

Comments

  1. What a lovely hat! I've heard good things about that book by Elder Porphyrios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a Really Good Book--definitely worth adding to your library.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts