"Blah," said a voice from inside the house.


Those words from Frog and Toad Are Friends keep bouncing around in my brain.  Too bad there's no one, like Frog, who can get me out of bed (metaphorically, of course).  I do love quiet and empty schedules, but I think the quiet is finally Too Much So.   Something to shake up the humdrum of the daily routine would be nice.  Not anything huge or awful--that food poisoning scare last night was not what I was thinking, nor the stopped up garbage disposal which required a plumber's expertise, nor yet the dental appointments, although those all got my adrenaline running!  Any suggestions?  

The good news is that next week is the last of our second school term! (Woohoo!) Part of my foot dragging must be end-of-term-itis.  I need to organize the exams for the following week and think through some break week activities so we spend our time constructively.



A little yarning along...

::The socks above were part of my mother's Christmas present:: 

Yarn:

 EYB Tenderfoot in the colorway Rosewood.  The yarn is much more lavender that the camera captures. Not at all the khaki/beige on the Simply Sock Yarn website.

Pattern:

Frasier Fir with my favorite short row heel, because I was pressed for time.  My gauge was off, so I knit the smallest size of the pattern for a large sock.



:: Currently Reading::

G.K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy

The Gulag Archipelago, vol. 1




updated to add:

As soon as I hit publish for this post, I went for a foot-pounding run.  It wasn't a cure for the winter blahs, but it assuredly shook them loose.  

Comments

  1. A good run surely helps! Hang in there! It's not easy right now in terms of not being able to do a lot of things that involve changing it up! God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words of encouragement, Elizabeth!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts