yarn along: september 2022, september feels








I've thrown myself into housework and homeschool the past few weeks.  There's a whirlwind of book-laying-out, dish-putting-away, meal prep, and laundry folding.  Our house still looks like the aftermath of the proverbial tornado, no matter how much time I devote to organizing, and all the things I set so tidily in their places tend to wander.  There's a purge in the air, hovering until the children head back to Greek school, when I will have a few uninterrupted hours to cull our unused things.  I need to do some eBay selling, I think.  Must research that.

To fill in all my spare corners of time, I have been repairing an afghan that my great-grandmother made for my dad's side of the family.  My dad had the brilliant idea of sacrificing a row of border hexagons to replace the moth damaged ones in the middle.  Thankfully the hexagons were joined in such a way that I can detach and replace them.  It's a satisfying task.

G requested brown thread for the quilting stitches, and so I've added two or so rows each day.  His may be the only quilt that I finish before a tenth birthday.  I've already started planning Little M's, too.

I just finished Thornyhold, and am listening to a brain-candy audiobook while I stitch away on my projects and do my chores.  

What are you reading?  Crafting?

 

Comments

  1. Pretty flowers! I've an afghan here that I need to mend for a friend. I will look for Thornyhold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts