Finished!

 




The photos are neither very creative or true to color, but the shawl is finished. Whew!  That's such an accomplishment in this season.  Let me share the nutshell version of the details before I need to make dinner!

D E T A I L S

pattern: Moorland Shawl by Tania Barley

Even though the shawl pattern is meant for Höner Och Eir Nutiden, I knew the fingering weight would yield the size I like.  I knit 6 repeats of chart 2 and 1 repeat of chart 3.  

yarn: Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Light in the color Wild Thyme, 527.6 yards used

I bought two skeins as souvenirs in the summer of 2022 and knew they needed to be a textured shawl featuring garter and a row of slipped stitches.  I had to purchase a third skein to finish.

The color is very dark and rich, and difficult to capture with a camera.  I'm delighted with the result, despite losing the texture of the flower stitch somewhat in the dark green.

The yarn is a soft and squishy single strand, like the rustic version of Madelintosh Merino Light.

needles:  maybe US 4 or 5 bamboo

mods:  none, other than the yarn



Comments

Popular Posts