Yarn Along

Once again, linking up...



The sweater is for T, who is checking my daily progress.

"That sweater fur me?" he asks.

I would be much further along, had I not noticed a strange mistake in the yoke increases...when I was finished with the yoke.  I'm glad of the chance to re-knit, though.  I was able to add a few short rows at the back of the neck, which will help the fit, I hope.

T's not sure how he ended up with the color brown, but when I chose the yarn he had yet to show any sort of color preference.  These days he's decidedly in the BLUE camp.  Will he wear the sweater?  I don't know.  I find these color preferences quite perplexing.  Thankfully the older two have their favorite colors (Z likes blue and M will take red, thank you very much.), but realize that getting the yellow cup at lunch won't make the milk taste yellow.



I can't even remember how I came across the book.  It's got some great recipes and clever ideas, like making oatmeal in the rice cooker, but no new suggestions for this budget-conscious mama. What I love about the recipes is that the cuisine is varied, and alongside the Shepherd's Pie there are recipes for Thai Curry and Ethiopian Sloppy Joes.  

Comments

Popular Posts