yarn along: july 2018

For vacation, I took a break from my normal projects. Big M was away all last week, so Z had no one to share evening screen decisions with. Her request: watch the film versions of her favorite books. We blew through the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice and loved Claire Foy and Matthew Macfadyen in Little Dorrit. Watching Little Dorrit put me in the mood to read the book again, so I’m deeply immersed in the world of the Marshalsea and Victorian London.

I really made some progress on the shawl edging while rooting for Lizzie Bennet and Mr. Darcy, but left it at home while on a little jaunt away.  (I knew it would need more focus that I’d be able to give.)  Instead, I brought along the ideal vacation knitting project--sock yarn squares.  Maybe I’ll make some real progress!

Happy Independence Day!  Stay cool...

joining Ginny...

Comments

  1. I love both of your pretty projects. I have a little Jane Austen festival in early August. I read, view, use a Jane Austen devotional I have, and knit something from the Jane Austen Knits mags. Oh, and drink a lot of tea. I draw and write in my Jane Austen journal. That shawl is GORGEOUS! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The shawl is so close to being finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love all those classic movies, Little Dorrit is one of our absolute favorites! We are now watching Poldark, have you seen? We get it via Netflix. Have a great Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding to my last comment...and yes not only the movies, of course we read the books too. The books are usually much better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts