commonplace meditations




I have been on a mission the past few weeks: ignore all of the pressing demands upon my time, both real and imagined, and knit up all my fingering weight scrap yarn.  Those stacks of squares make me indescribably happy! 

The square in the top photo follows this pattern, sort of.  I think my spiral is backwards; it doesn't really matter.  I love that, no matter how long ago I came by the scraps, I can tell you the story of each.  The aqua at the bottom is a vestige from socks I knit for myself right after Little M was born. There are some rows from Koigu KPPPM yarn that has been in my basket since Z was a wee little one!  It's all that's left after I knit her god-sister a bonnet and booties.  And there's some really bright pink left from the Dale of Norway sweater I made for Z when she was three. 


I've been musing over some recent additions to my commonplace book.  Maybe they will be inspiring to you, too?

                      For it is not Humility to think ill of ourselves; that is faint-hearted when it is not false.   Humility is perhaps one with Simplicity, and does not allow us to think of ourselves at all, ill or well.
                                - Charlotte Mason, Ourselves

                     Wherever you are, remember that your work always counts for something, that you are helping to make the world better or worse according as your work is done well or ill.  Neglect or failure to do your best hurts not only yourself but others whom you may never have seen.
                               -Nellie Allen

Comments

Popular Posts