yarn along: october 2019: clown-car-full









I've been cramming too much into my schedule lately, which is reflected in my reading and knitting.

So, here's the "bullet point" version of my WiPs and books in progress.  Maybe if I see it all laid out, or in list form, I can focus and finish something!

Currently Knitting:

Chauncey Sweater by Isabell Kraemer
in Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light
colorways: antique lace, whiskey barrel, well water
size M1
* steeked last week but resting while I decide what kind of button band to use; no sleeves yet!

Frais Hat by Alicia Plummer
in Berroco Summer Silk
colorway: nectar
size: m
*I'm making this for a lovely priest's wife, who was diagnosed with cancer recently. She sweetly asked me if her wool allergy would be a problem.  Never!  Excited to try other natural fibers.  This yarn is very soft, and should feel cozy in warm or cool weather.

Carl's Cardigan by petiteknit
Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash
colorway: blossom
*I haven't made much progress on this since I last posted
, but it hasn't been cool enough for Little M to wear it yet!  I can finish it in a week or so, if it's the only thing I'm working on.

Striped Socks (Toe-Up pattern from Ann Budd)
Madelinetosh Euro Sock (which I cannot find anywhere now!), remnants from a pair of gifted socks
colorways: random number generator, button jar blue
*Second sock syndrome is real.  These will take no time at all if I can just focus on finishing them.

Sock Yarn Blanket
using remnants from projects, mini-skeins, and little samples

Knitted Autumn Garland
I started this last fall, hoping I would have it finished in time for Thanksgiving!  I still have a long way to go.


Currently Reading/Listening:

Small is {Still} Beautiful
Waverley
Stealing the Mystic Lamb
Gone With the Wind (audiobook)
Wilderness Essays

I've noticed that if I can knit one project or read one thing at a time, I finish it soo much quicker.  Here's to focus and attention!



Comments

  1. Such lovely knits you have underway! I love the purple of the Frais Hat, and what a special gift it will be. The very thought of a wool allergy... at least there are beautiful alternatives!

    Cheers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm with you about a wool allergy--I can't imagine it, but love exploring non-wool yarn options.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing all your projects. Ambition reigns high here! I can imagine what you might pull out to knit depending on location and what is happening around you, that is why I have other projects in the wings sometimes. But I would still love to read a post you write about it!🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Yes, I do love to have projects that fit each situation--easy knitting in the round for lesson time, etc. I lean toward "product knitting"; I'm excited to finish all of these so they can be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color combination on the striped socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They'll be spot of brightness on dark winter days, for sure.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful projects! I usually have several things going on needles so I don't get bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely nice to have something simple to work on while I let the more challenging ones simmer in the back of my brain.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts