yarn along: may 2020


Of the books I am reading right now, these three have been the most stimulating (along with the Audible version of Kristin Lavransdatter)Whenever I read one of Charlotte Mason's writings, I picture that emoji with the top of its head being blown off.  Am I particularly receptive to her ideas in this season of life?  Would my mind be blown regardless?  I don't know.  I've been reading Ourselves aloud with my Form 3 student, but I'm also reading ahead for myself.   The Living Page, too, has been especially enlightening.  I'm reading The Genesee Diary for a clergy wives' book group, and finding it fitting as we all are experiencing a little of the Trappist lifestyle.  Our group has been meeting via Zoom for several years now, as we live throughout the country, and just our bi-monthly meetings have prepared me for the Zoom experience.   And what to say about Kristin Lavransdatter?  I read the first two in the trilogy as a new mother.  Listening to them again, at a much different stage of life, I've found that it resonates in a vastly different way.  Really all of the books I am reading right now are speaking to each other in ways that are awakening ideas in my brain and soul.  When I look back on this time of isolation, I will remember the quiet growth that my reading inspired.

Still on the needles, I have this sweater.  I had to start it three times before I obtained the fabric and fit I was hoping for--I was two+ skeins in the second time before I ripped it back. Now it's humming along, and I will probably finish the yoke portion this evening.  I ordered 14 skeins of the black heather color this winter (What on earth was I thinking?!), so I may have enough yarn to make another sweater.


joining Ginny...

Comments

Popular Posts