sock story




Well, not really a story.  More like the highlights.


Shawls and socks equal comfort, both the act of knitting them and having them against the skin in cold weather. I knit primarily for comfort during the last few months, which explains why I have several shawls and pairs of socks to show-and-tell.  I forgot that these socks were tucked neatly into my drawer when I posted about all of my other recent projects. 

The peach pair is an adaptation of Daisy Chain Socks, made to fit adult feet.   Socks were knit cuff to toe, with a short row heel.  Yarn is this, in the colorway Peach Perfect, and this, in the colorway Librarian's Dream.  I have another pair of socks with Euro Sock heels, and it doesn't wear well.  Fingers crossed that these heels won't need too many repairs!  

I've been waiting years to knit the pattern on the green socks, hoping that I could find a satisfactory toe-up version. I never did.  These were also knit cuff down, following the directions exactly.  It had been ages since I'd knit a heel-flap/gusset.  So satisfying!



Comments

  1. they are so lovely and look very comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. I'd call that a moss green, but librarian's dream is a neat name for yarn. I hope they wear well and don't need darning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The name librarian's dream is what sold me on the yarn.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts