yarn along: September 2020




 I know the first word is wrong, but for the past few days I've been saying to myself September is icumen in, Lhude sing cuccu.  I have no idea where it came from.  September is a hot and humid month; it's the March of autumn. The weather still broadcasts summer, just like March is so wet and cold it can hardly qualify as spring.

The weather isn't quite cool enough for sweaters or woolly-wool knitting, so I've been working on a few small projects.  The latest is a pair of mittens using this yarn and a stitch pattern from The Japanese Knitting Stitch BibleThe stitch patterns in the book are quite intuitive, and I'm looking forward to getting past the cuffs.  (And it's currently not a very photogenic project--a tangle of circular needles and string!)

A friend gave me The Glass Cage, knowing that I had read The Shallows (and recommended it to her!).  I fell asleep reading it last night, so I'm going to read it over breakfast.  I find his premise and ideas engaging, but apparently not enough to keep me awake.

Since Kristin Lavransdatter is so engrossing, I'm moving that to my bedtime reading.  It's just as good the second time around!


Comments

  1. September in the mid-Atlantic is just gross--peak hurricane season, lots of heat and humidity, and a weather app that just taunts me with cooler temperatures that never actually materialize. (No, I'm not bitter or anything--ha!) That said, it did feel like something heavy lifted September 1st. Maybe it was the kids going back to school, or just the shift of months, but I"ll take it, gross weather and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's as though August is sixty days long. Not my favorite. I'm glad to hear that despite the weather you are feeling lighter! Happy back to school!

      Delete
  2. I am loving the cooler air now.It does inspire us to knit more around this time of the year. Enjoy your project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts