yarn along: committed

 


This time I really mean it: no new yarn until I've worked through the projects and stash I've got.  With the exception of yarn for gifts that were requested, I've kept that resolution.  Right now, though,  that dedication means that I'm frustrated and stalled with the current project (mittens as a gift)...and only working on cross-stitch.  I've got absolutely no knitting motivation.  A yarn purchase or casting on for a new project will restore the knitting muse, I'm certain.  But, no.  I will soldier on with what I have on hand.

I did cast on a Rock Island shawl recently, thinking that it would be mostly soothing garter stitch to knit while I work on lessons with the littles.  It will be eventually, but it's constructed from the bottom border to the top; the lace border is the first hurdle, not to be knit while children are schooling.

When I try to enumerate my books-in-progress, I have a really long list.  There are the school books to pre-read, the slow-sips of educational books, the children's read-alouds, and the audiobooks.  And then there are the books that I read for pleasure, which are the ones I usually chat about here.  It's exhausting to think about all of the reading that's happening, frankly a little overwhelming, and totally self-imposed.

At breakfast, when my brain is the sharpest and the house is the quietest, I am currently reading The Theology of Illness by Larchet and Racecraft: The Soul of Inequality in American Life by Karen and Barbara Fields.  When I'm sleepy in the evening, The Mistress of Husaby or this collection of short stories, edited by Dorothy Sayers, are perfect.  

Joining Ginny...


Comments

  1. Oh gracious, I love Dorothy Sayers! She is one of my very favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts