a year or so late




 Finished, finished, finished.  I stitched the last stitch in T's tenth birthday quilt this afternoon while my two littlest read stories from a Frog and Toad book aloud.  T'll be eleven soon, and I've been working on this for almost two years.   He wrapped himself in it immediately.  It is such a relief not to have this giant thing taking up space in my sewing corner.  The fabric was a half-yarn bundle of mostly Anna Maria Horner fabrics that I ordered from Craft South, supplemented with a few others.  The back is entirely the blue sealing wax fabric, and the bias binding is store made.  I just couldn't face making bias tape this time!  It was machine pieced wonkily, and then hand quilted and bound (equally unevenly).  Please ignore the ziploc bag trash and the giant stick my son is using to poke my husband (while he holds up the quilt for me).  They're in the first picture.  And my husband would point out that I've drawn your attention to both things now, despite asking you to ignore them.   

I've got another quilty project in the works--a whole cloth quilted throw for our living room.  I've just got to order some Sashiko quilting thread...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts