a simple skirt




 Little M loves this skirt and, I must say, I wouldn't say no to an adult-sized version for myself.  The swishy, drapey fabric is Robert Kaufman Brussels Washer Linen Blend (55% linen, 45% rayon) in Paris blue.  I used 3/4 of the yard I purchased to make pattern p: tiered skirt in a size I can't remember.  She's worn it twice in the last four days, and dripped ice cream on it both times :) The first drips were chocolate, necessitating immediate stain treatment and laundering.  After twenty years of washing clothes, I am finally learning the lesson of treating stains ASAP!  It was probably foolish to choose such a light color for this very active six-year-old, but it's so sweet on her.  And the blue matches the floral shirt I made for her this spring...which she won't wear. Ha.

Everyone is scheduled to return from camp any moment.  She and I are both excited to see our crew.  I probably need to squeeze in forty winks before they throw open the door.  I packed this week with Little M so full of good things that I'm exhausted!

Comments

  1. Oh that's a darling skirt 😍🥰😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little skirt! Fabric is such a huge part of a project and yours is just right -- hopefully your prompt stain treatment can keep it that way. :-) I have a little bit of Brussels washer in Paris blue in my closet, you've inspired me to pull it out!

    Cheers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with your linen! It's a delight to work with.

      Delete
  3. Definitely need to treat stains immediately. I've learned the hard way! This fabric is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts