little girl blue





She is thrilled.  I think I am, too.  


 
the details


mods: Rather than knit the buttonband as I knit the body, I cast on, put the buttonband stitches on hold, and then picked up the buttonbands after I finished the body.  I had grand plans to knit an afterthought buttonband and seam it to the body, but after several attempts at it, I threw in the towel.  

yarn: Knitting for Olive Merino held together with Knitting for Olive Soft Silk Mohair, both in the color Dusty Petroleum Blue.  The second picture captures the color the best.  She looks so lovely in blue! I started with 125g of the mohair and 200g of the merino; I used 81g of the mohair and 140g of the merino, leaving me with enough of both to make an extra-small Sophie Shawl.  Stay tuned.

needles: Oof.  My gauge for knitting back and forth is incredibly loose.  
            3.0 or 3.25 mm needle for the body
            4.0 mm needle for the sleeves
            2.25 mm needle for the hem, buttonbands, and cuffs.

buttons: These are just some random buttons I found at Joann.  They're studier than the average shell button, but have a similar shimmer.

Comments

  1. I LOVE the color. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the pockets sewn inside? A gave me a hand knit sweater she made and wore, doesn't fit her now, but this shrunken version fits me! The pockets are so neatly done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pockets construction is hard to describe, but they're a folded pouch, knit while working on the body. The sides are seamed together, but other than that no sewing! What a treasure to receive from a sister!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts