Happy World Postcard Day!
Do you like to send and receive surprise mail as much as I do? Maybe Postcrossing is something for you! I signed up last year and collaborated with Little M on the postcards we sent up until she started school this year. Initially I joined as a way of getting rid of the extensive art postcard collection we had, but I am enjoying it too much to stop now that they're all posted. We've had greetings from all over the world, five of the seven continents, and such far flung places as Kazakhstan and the Åland Islands. We've sent postcards to Palestine, Malaysia, and New Zealand, but most of our cards have gone to Germany and the USA (still fun!).
Today, October 1, is World Postcard Day. I'm celebrating by sending as many postcards as I can to the Postcrossing community (five) and also to friends and family. Each is just a small connection, a way to bring happy thoughts to people around the world.


Comments
Post a Comment