retirement








My mom and dad were here for Thanksgiving.  The conversation and bustle all blur together, but I think they got an accurate idea of our life here.  My dad had requested a visit to a nature reserve in the area, which kept getting postponed because of different activities.  Finally, on Wednesday we made it!  We used to visit this place often, but our schedule is so full now that it's a rare treat.  I think my New Year's resolutions may include more nature walks with just our family. 

I retired a pair of socks recently--one that had been with me for a little over a decade.  The yarn wore really well, and outlasted several other pairs that I knit at around the same time.  I added a new pair to my sock drawer, too.  New hand-knit socks are, I think, my favorite.

Comments

Popular Posts