yarn along: november 2019









When I pulled out the autumnal garland last month, I realized that I had only three more leaves to knit to complete it.  Why did I set it aside last year, thinking that there was so much left to knit?  A night of knitting, and a quick order of some hemp string, and voila!  It's now hanging on our mantelpiece.  I'm not sold on the bias tape as the base of the garland, but I can change that if something better presents itself.

I've made headway on Little M's Carl's Cardigan; I have a few more rows of the yoke, and then on to buttonbands and sleeves.  There's a very real possibility that I will run out of yarn, so the I'll do the sleeves last, dividing all of the yarn remaining from the body into two equal amounts.  Fingers crossed!

More behind-the-scenes sock yarn blanket knitting is happening, too.  I wrote a little about it in my last post.

I'm still reading all of the books from my last Yarn Along post, and two more titles have mysteriously joined the stack.  A clergy wives' book club I'm in has chosen this for our new book.  I'm about halfway through the introduction.  And I'm rereading The Way of Boys.  I got about halfway through before loaning it to an acquaintance, whose sons are the same age as my little guys.  The reminders about the range of normal in boy behavior have been timely!

Comments

  1. Your fall garland looks beautiful! Such a fun surprise to find that it only took an evening to finish up an old project.
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the garland! I've always wanted to knit one and seeing yours has given me inspiration to get one done...maybe for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a gratifying project. I hope you take the plunge :)

      Delete
  3. lovely garland, perfect for fall. The book sounds like it would be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The garland is lovely, and I'm so glad you were able to finish and enjoy it this year! Your mantel looks beautiful, by the by.

    Cheers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Mantels are really fun to style, and easy to refresh. I'm having fun with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading your blog for a while now, and I love your pictures and your updates so much! Abba Dorotheos' Discourses and Sayings is one of my favorite Orthodox life books because he puts things so simply and so lovingly but he also doesn't beat around the bush.... Most (if not all) of the church's wisdom can be found in the desert fathers. Anyways... Love your blog!
    <3 Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Catherine! The introduction has definitely been more challenging. I'm excited to get to the meat of Abba Dorotheos's sayings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts