Here and There: Washing Dishes

THERE, washing the dishes involved rinsing particles of food from dishes and then loading them into the dishwasher.  Inevitably I had to wait for the washer to fill up before I could run it.  Typically we ran the dishwasher daily.  When the cycle finished, I had to empty it--I mean, ya can't put dirty dishes into a full washer.  Pots and pans had to be washed by hand anyway.  For some reason, no matter how many dishes I washed and put into the washer, there was still a sizable pile in the sink.  I chalk it up to one of life's great mysteries.



HERE, I wash everything by hand.  Initially I was a little nervous about being able to keep up with the dirty dishes, but that really hasn't been a problem.  Living for seven years with a dishwasher (and before that not doing the dishes until I ran out of clean ones) gave me the impression that a dishwasher is necessary.  Honestly?  Using a dishwasher just adds an unnecessary step to the dishwashing process.  I really don't miss it; I enjoy washing each dish by hand at the end of the day. Putting them away?  That's another story.

Comments

Popular Posts