ostrich emulation

 





Four days?  That certainly seems too soon for Christmas!  Yet here I am again, chasing down gifts at the eleventh hour.   I seem to put my head in the sand for the greater part of December, only really crossing all the items off my list in the final few days before we celebrate. 

Things done: Christmas Day menu, stocking fillers (usually toothbrushes and a sweet), Santa Claus presents (only three small ones per child), family gift (a book and some more of these), Christmas clothes, Liturgy plans, Christmas picture (see above), far-away-family gifts sent, much cleaning(whew!)...

On the to-do list: make decision about cookies to bake, more cleaning, laundry, Christmas decorating, the last batch of Christmas cards, a few more gifts...I'm sorry! These lists do not make for a particularly interesting blog post, but seeing everything in writing in yet another place helps me remember all the moving parts.  

We have been taking our Christmas picture in the same place, some of us even wearing the same clothes, for the past three Christmases.*  Seeing how much everyone has grown blows my mind.  I'm not short; my husband is downright tall.  Wearing flats next to my two biggest children reminds me that, from now until our youngest is an adult, our Christmas pictures will be a constant revelation of my children surpassing me.  (And maybe even growing taller than my husband!)  


*Shown are 2018 and 2020.  2019 seems to have disappeared!

Comments

Popular Posts