finished object parade

 Are you interested in seeing what's been happening between blog posts?  Here's a little peek...

Let me begin by stating that photographing oneself on a timer is tricky!  I couldn't see the flashing indicator well, or whether the lens was in focus (it wasn't!), but hopefully you get the idea.

pattern: Noni Tee by Pip and Pin
I used maybe 600 yds, but it was all I had.  I knit the i-cord armhole border right after I joined the body in the round.  I'm glad I did!  There wasn't enough yarn for anything more than a cropped top with a narrow ribbed hem.  It's cool and loose, so perfect for summer.



pattern: Emerson Pants by True Bias 
fabric: Robert Kaufman Essex Yarn Dyed Linen, color cinnamon?
They hit mid-calf, and shrank quite a bit when I washed them despite having pre-washed the fabric.  I have another pair in black linen all cut out and waiting to be assembled.  The pockets are amazing!






inner fabric: block print fabric that lived another life as curtains in our PA house
(It really needs a pass under the iron after its last laundering)  

I have been sitting on this pattern for years, just waiting for the right fabric to come into my hands.  This spring Fabrics-Store.com had a good discount code, so I bought 4 yards of the black linen intending it for pants or a skirt.  I did cut out pants (see above), and had almost enough left over for this jacket.  I eked out everything but one pocket and the collar lining by fudging the layout.  Luckily I had enough of some other black linen for the collar lining, but opted for a flying geese patch for the outer pocket.  Next time--for there absolutely will be a next time, I wear it so much--I plan to line the pockets and sleeves with the outer fabric.  Also great pockets on this make! 



Caught mid-adjustment of pesky hair!




yarn: Lots of scraps and some new yarn, too!  Biches et Bûches Le Petit Lambswool, Holstgarn Supersoft, Jamieson and Smith 2ply Jumper Weight, Purl Soho Linen Quill, Harrisville Shetland, Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Light and Cloudborn Highland Fingering

I finished this in the early spring and wore it quite a bit.  Previously blogged here and here. It was a great way to try several different brands of fingering wool.  I have so much left over, I've started another colorwork project with it.





Cuff down vanilla socks with heel flap and gusset, contrast cuff, heels, and toe

At the first hint of chill in the air, these socks will be on my feet!  


Last finished object!  A phone snap of the first of four cleaned and re-rushed chairs.  










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts