Imogen Tee




When I first decided to turn T's yarn into something for myself, I envisioned luscious cables, deep ribbed edges and a scoop neck.  Then I counted the skeins (Eek!Only 5!), and decided to go for something with lace.  Lace, because it adds holes to the final product, uses far less yarn than cables.  I'm still thinking about the cabled sweater, but I'll save it for more yarn.



Have you visited the Quince and Co. website?  It's lovely, just like their yarn, and I've yet to see a pattern there that I don't want to knit.  This one immediately drew my eye.  Since I didn't have the same yarn, I skipped purchasing the pattern and went straight to designing it myself.  I found my measurements, my gauge, and a chart for the distinctive Frost Flowers lace.

It was a quick knit, but interrupted by other projects and life.  When I finished the top, I was a little nervous: the waistband sat at my belly button and emphasized my lack of chest curves.  My fears were only heightened when B looked at me wearing it and said: "Yep, it needs to be longer.  You can do that, right?"  Oh, dear.  Could I?


With the miracle of blocking, yes!  The wool relaxed nicely, and here's the finished project.  Yay!

(And just for the record, I wet blocked this top.)

(And also for the record, nothing will make my top look curvy but pregnancy and nursing.)




The Worsted of Imogen
yarn: Quince and Co. Lark in Peacoat
exactly 4 skeins

Comments

  1. Wow, that is beautiful Rachel! You make such lovely things. And it looks great on you, good job making it long enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts