Off the dole, again



The other night T woke up and was very restless, a side-effect of teething.  As I brought him into bed for a quick snuggle, B quipped "Don't you wish he was still nursing?"

I had to think for a minute.

No, I don't, but I loved every minute of it.  I can't even remember the very last time he nursed, like I can with M and Z.  Nursing T was such a sweet season, and then he grew into a big boy.  He discovered the flavors of oranges and raspberries and strawberries.  He learned how to walk, how to say "more."  He stopped asking to nurse, and I stopped remembering to offer.

And suddenly we were just snuggling on the couch, not snuggling and nursing, like before.

And with so much love from his siblings, mama, and daddy, I don't think he misses it, either.






Comments

Popular Posts