keeping (part 3): delight



More notebooks (but the last post about them, I promise)!  In addition to all of the useful notebooks I keep, I have several that are for my personal growth and delight.  The useful notebooks also delight, but that's just an unexpected perk.

My commonplace book holds all of the quotations I find meaningful from the books I am reading.  There's a backlog of entries because I can read much faster than I can write in the book, so I will be spending some of my summer free time catching up with that.  


In my education journal, I keep all the notes and quotations from retreats I attend and articles and books I read.  I filled my first one this fall, and started the notes for the CMEC Mother's Education Course in the second.  The washi tape tabs separate the different entries.  




And finally, my knitting journal, which I wrote about here.  It hasn't changed much since then, but I have added small samples of each yarn in my stash.  The book now overflows with goodness :)





Comments

  1. In regards to books you've read, I wanted to tell you that The Aviator is not what I thought it was going to be, although still a fascinating story! Your yarn pieces and notes are such a good idea. I can't remember exactly what I used sometimes and for washing purposes alone, it's nice to see if it's superwash wool or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up about The Aviator. I know--it's hard to remember the details about yarn.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts