new tricks



I've just learned how to add videos to the blog, so pardon my video spam.  The clips above are from our summer vacation.  Can you tell I'm ready to go back?



For twenty years I've been throwing my yarn with my right hand--the English way.  I learned to pick with my left hand so that my stranded colorwork projects could move quickly, but knitting exclusively with my left hand has never felt comfortable.  The pace of my knitting is...average.  My fingers are completely trained so that I can knit while reading, but there are so many things to knit and not enough time.  So cliché!  Time for a new way to knit.  Rather than curl the yarn over my middle finger, I am working on keeping it over my first finger--sort of picking with my right hand.  I still have to look closely at my knitting, but it already seems much quicker!

I'm working on another pair of socks.  This one is of leftovers from my Chauncey cardigan and a pair of mittens I made for my mom when I was pregnant with little M.

Comments

  1. What a gorgeous place! Is it the Pacific ocean? And Aspen? I've tried to knit the English way, just slipping the yarn over...am working on making it quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Lake Michigan, near the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. And, yes! I think that's quaking aspen. It grows right up to the shore.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts