On Sightseeing

My mother may be wondering why I haven't posted very much about sightseeing on the blog as yet.  It's because I don't do that much of it.  B and the older kids go about every Saturday to a museum or an archaeological site, but T and I stay close to home.  For one thing, between my semester abroad in college and another trip since then, I've seen most of the tourist sites in Athens.  For another, getting around with a toddler in a stroller is troublesome.  B and the older kids can move much more quickly without me straggling up a hill behind the Maclaren shouting, "Wait up!"  There's also the issue of stroller plus public transportation--not my favorite.   And finally, how many toddlers do you know that are excited to sit in one place for hours while everyone else gets to run around?


I have managed to visit the Acropolis (with T in the Beco), the Hephaisteion and Agora (where the above picture of me was taken), the Kaisariani Monastery, and the Daphni Monastery (where the photo below was taken).


And I don't know if you can read the sign on the gate, but there's no guarantee that an hour and a half's journey on public transportation will get you into a site.  Instead of looking at mosaics, we picnicked and played at a really nice playground.

Comments

Popular Posts