T see the Moon, and the Moon sees T.*

T's vocabulary has been growing in spurts, and he's in the middle of one.  Among his latest is a very distinct "bay-bee,"  a category of human that includes everyone younger than M.



His most frequently used new word is moon.  He says it mboo, sort of like he has a bad cold.  He will stop in the middle of playing outside, and stretch his hands up to me saying mboo.  Then I lift him into my arms, and we search for the moon in the sky.  Maybe he thinks that he will have a better vantage point if I am holding him?  He repeats this process several times whenever we are outside.  If we are in the house and he desperately wants to see the moon, he will run to the french doors on our balcony and peer out.  Does he think that the moon will disappear? Does he notice that the moon changes every day?  Or is the moon something constant for him?  Whatever is going through that brain of his, our search for the mboo is one of my favorite parts of the day.

*I see the moon
and the moon sees me
The moon sees the somebody I'd like to see.
God bless the moon
and God bless me
God bless the somebody I'd like to see!
-Mother Goose

Comments

Popular Posts